5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Charlottesville
With Valentine’s Day almost here, many of us are thinking about how we want to celebrate. Scroll on for five romantic ideas to share with your special someone. Be sure to also check the Charlottesville Welcome Book for local Valentine’s Day-inspired events taking place throughout the next week.
1. Make a delicious wine-paired pork loin roast with vegetables. Toast to love over a romantic candlelit dinner. Click here for this delicious recipe from Feast!’s Kate Collier, or check out these other pairing ideas if you are in the mood to serve a different dish. Prefer to dine out? Consider one of these gourmet restaurants.
2. Enjoy a couple’s spa treatment. Sign up for a couple’s massage, facial or pedicure, and relax together. This Couple’s Facial and Pedicure Special at the romantic Med Spa of Virginia Total Wellness Center is one of many that you can enjoy locally.
3. Set up your own wine and chocolate pairing. Check out our Wine & Chocolate story in Book Three, and learn which wines pair well with the different Gearharts Fine Chocolates. Then, set up your own delectable tasting session for you and your significant other. This is a great post-meal way to enjoy hand-crafted chocolates on Valentine’s Day. (Photo below by Jen Fariello)
4. Plan a cozy stay-cation. Valentine’s Day is the perfect night to book an evening in one of our area inns or bed & breakfasts like the Inn at Willow Grove (pictured below). Enjoy local sparkling wine while you escape the rush of everyday life together.
5. Enjoy an evening on the town. Booking a limousine service, such as A & A Limousine or Top Shelf Transportation, gives you the freedom to spend and enjoy time together as a couple while visiting vineyards or just exploring the town, even if you do not have your plans solidified.
Lead Image by Jen Fariello
From Ivy Publications, publishers of Charlottesville Wine & Country Living, a semi-annual magazine of Life & Style in Jefferson’s Virginia; Charlottesville Wine & Country Weddings, an art book celebrating elegant country weddings in Jefferson’s Virginia; CharlottesvilleFamil
At Ivy Publications, we’re inspired by the belief that by utilizing technology, working efficiently and attending to quality, we create publications that honor the reader and build a real connection with our local businesses. This belief has led to prosperous and long-standing relationships with our clients, who entrust us with their advertising and have enjoyed great success utilizing our niche publications to effectively reach their target markets since 1998.